The Dark Knight Returns is a short series of graphic novels continuing the Nolanverse movies. It is 5-books long and centers around Batman and Robin battling Killer Croc and Riddler. Anarky appears very briefly in the first book as a hired gun who works for Riddler and was sent to kill Robin.
- Book 1: The Robin - John R. Blake becomes Robin after Batman is gone. He trains himself in the Batcave, which he recently discovered, and becomes the new hero. He is still a beginner, though, and has trouble fighting a criminal who calls himself Anarky.
- Book 2: Out of Hiding - Robin looks for Bruce Wayne, who he recently found out was both alive and Batman all this time. When he finds Bruce he asks him to become Batman again to help defeat the guy who hired Anarky, who seems to be the biggest threat since Bane attacked.
- Book 3: Knightfall - Bruce is robbed by mysterious thugs led by a masked man with green, crocodile-like skin, which leads him to once again become the Batman. Batman and Robin meet each other at the presumable hide-out of the new crime-boss, but inside they find a new villain, who calls himself The Killer Croc.
- Book 4: Riddle Me This - Croc defeats and kidnaps Batman and Robin, then brings him to his boss, The Riddler. The two try to escape but are confronted by Killer Croc again. After defeating Croc, they escape and work on there plan to defeat Riddler.
- Book 5: Batman and Robin - Batman and Robin are ready to defeat Riddler. They find his new base and attack it, then defeat Croc and make there way through all of Riddler's death-traps, and they finally defeat him and decide that Gotham needs heroes like them.
- Bruce Wayne/Batman
- John Blake/Robin
- Waylon Jones/Killer Croc
- Vicki Vale
- Comissioner Gordon
- Lucius Fox
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Crispus Allen
- Edward Nashton/The Riddler
- Harvey Bullock